Friday, December 30, 2011

Top Beauty Products of 2011

Tomorrow is the last day of 2011, so I have been thinking about my favorite products I have tried this year. Here are my top favorites:
1. Revlon Lip Butters
Of course, I have to include what has to be the most amazing lip product to come out this year, Revlon Lip Butters. I am so obsessed with these, that whenever I see a new color in the store, I have to purchase it. Currently, my two favorite colors are Berry Smoothie, and Cherry Tart, Cherry Tart actually being the first red lipstick I can pull off with my pale skin. All of these lip butters are so pigmented, yet still sooo moisturizing, that I have been reaching for these rather then any of my other lipsticks since these came out. They have been amazing for the dry Fall and Winter months. You can find these in Target, Ulta, and ,many other drugstores, ranging from 7.50 to $9.


2. Redken Aerate 08 Bodifying Cream Mousse
I received a sample of this in the mail earlier this year, and have been loving it ever since. I have tried countless volumizing hair products, and this is the first one that I feel has really made my hair look as full as possible. Instead of a fluffy mousse, Redken Aerate 08 is a souffle like texture that you just smooth over your hair and blow dry. I have been using this all year long, and it has definitely been my favorite styling product of 2011. It is 16.50 at most beauty stores, such as Ulta.


3. Macadamia Oil Deep Repair Masque
I FINALLY got a chance to try this out last month, after hearing so much about how great it is from other beauty bloggers. And they were all right! It has the most amazing smell, and really makes my hair feel softer and healthier every time I use it. I wish I could use it more then once a week, that's how much I like the smell and feel of it. It is kind of pricey, at $30 for the jar, but it lasts a really long time and is so worth the money.
4. Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily Moisturizer
Before this year, I had been using Clean and Clear Morning Burst moisturizer, and Estee Lauder Hydrating Cream. But I found this year that they haven't been working as well on my skin as they used to, so I picked up the Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily Moisturizer at Target for $12. I am so glad did, because it is by far the best moisturizer I have tried, I like it even more then Estee Lauder,which was $30. It truly lives up to the name Positively Radiant.
5. Urban Decay Naked Palette
I couldn't end my 2011 favorites without mentioning the Urban Decay Naked Palette. I have been using this nonstop this year, it has so many pigmented colors, you can create any day or nighttime look. It is perfect to just keep out and grab when you are in a hurry to do your makeup. You can buy this palette at Sephora or Ulta for $48
That's my top five beauty products of 2011, I can't wait to try many more in 2012 :-)

No comments: